BG-WC COMMUNITY EDUCATION BOARD
NOTICE OF EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Community Education Board is seeking applicants for the Executive Director position. This is a full-time year-round position responsible to the Board of Directors for the leadership of staff conducting the programs and services of Community Education. The Executive Director recommends policies and procedures necessary to execute the full intent of the Inter-local Agreement that established Community Education in Bowling Green-Warren County. The Executive Director is directly responsible for the administration and oversight of all services, including personnel management, program assessment, and accountability.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide leadership to staff in a professional and ethical manner.
- Supervise all staff executing their duties in programs operated in school and community facilities.
- Approve the employment of all community education staff
- Prepare an annual budget for Board approval
- Establish measurable goals and objectives for all program activities
- Prepare all reports required by the Kentucky Department of Education Community Education Grant Program.
- Monitor all program activities for performance and financial accountability.
- Participate in statewide community education network trainings and activities, including Kentucky Community Education Association and Kentucky Department of Education
- Establish and maintain strong professional relationships with all school principals and ensure that school age program staff maintain good relationships with not only the principals, but also teachers, custodians, and other school staff involved in before- and after-school programs.
- Establish and maintain strong professional relations with all governance officials, including but not limited to local and regional legislators, and school board members.
- Continue to play a key advocate for community education policies and funding at state and local level.
- Provide strong leadership and engagement with community partners public and private.
MINIMUM PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a Master’s degree preferred in one of the following discipline areas: education, public administration, or business management. The candidate must possess strong leadership and organizational management skills, interpersonal skills with diverse groups of community members, and strong oral and written communication skills. Grant writing, fundraising, and resource development skills are required.
A combination of closely related professional experience, education, and other credentials may be considered, in lieu of Master’s Degree.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate must possess a minimum of five years in a senior management position in a school, community public or private agency, or non-profit organization.
The salary for the Executive Director is competitive with similar leadership positions in the non-profit sector. Salary is negotiable based on education and demonstrated experience.
Compensation package includes health/vision/dental insurance, retirement, vacation, and sick leave.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
4:30 p.m. CDT on Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019.
To apply for the position, a resume, letter of application, and other supporting documents—university transcripts, professional certifications, and three professional references should be submitted to: email@example.com