Thanks for the many years of support for Spellabration!
Thank you to the many volunteers, sponsors and guests who helped make Community Education’s Spellabration fundraiser successful over the past 11 years. This unique event – as described by the late Anne Grubbs, “Spellabration is a party with an adult spelling bee in the middle”.
We started Spellabration in 2006 at Henry F. Moss Middle School. We saw another community in Iowa who ran a similar event there. Spellabration was unlike any other fundraiser in Bowling Green. With Community Education involved in different aspects of education and lifelong learning; it was a great fit for our organization. The next year in 2007 we moved the event to the Knights of Columbus Hall and it continued to grow. By 2009, Spellabration outgrew the space at the hall and 2010 we moved to Sloan Convention Center until 2016 when it came to a close.
Spellabration served as our major fundraiser which raised money to support programs throughout Bowling Green and Warren County, including providing one-on-one care for children with special needs. We truly are grateful for the support of our title sponsors, other sponsors, teams, local businesses, restaurants, and organizations which donated food and items for the silent auction.
Past Spellabration Winners
- 2016: Hill’s Pet Nutrition
- 2015: Bowling Green Independent School District
- 2014: Community Action of Southern KY
- 2013: Warren County Public Library
- 2012: English, Lucas, Priest & Owsley, LLP
- 2011: Bowling Green Independent SchoolDistrict
- 2010: Warren County Public Library
- 2009: WBKO
- 2008: Bowling Green Independent School District
- 2007: WKU DELO: Division of Extended Learning and Outreach
- 2006: Kerrick, Stivers & Coyle, PLC